Help Me to Vote

Correcting your details in the draft Register RFA1

If you need to add your name or change your entry in the draft Register, you can do this up to 25 November each year. You must fill in form RFA1 for the draft Register.

If you are applying because you have moved to a new address, you should include this information and your former address so that you can be removed from the register for that area.

The amended Register of Electors is published on 1 February and comes into force on 15 February.

The supplement to the Register of Electors RFA2

If your name is not on the Register of Electors in February, you may still make an application to be included in a supplement to the Register on form RFA2. You can make this application at any time, but in order to be included in the supplement used at an election, your application must be received by your local authority at least 15 days before polling day (Sundays, public holidays and Good Friday are not counted as days for this purpose).

The supplement to the Register of Electors RFA3

You can apply for inclusion on the supplement as a result of changing address on form RFA3. This will also remove you from the register for your previous address.

Postal vote due to illness/disability PVS1

You may be eligible for a postal vote due to illness/disability or circumstance of occupation. Note: An elector registered as a postal voter may vote by post only and may not vote at a polling station. Click here to download form PVS1 for inclusion in the supplement to the postal voters list.

Unable to Vote at your Polling Station PVS2

Persons whose occupations are likely to prevent them from voting at their local polling station on election day, including full-time students registered at home who are living elsewhere while attending an educational institution in the State. Click here to download form PVS2.